In today’s world, users of all ages enjoy playing games. Once only thought of as a teenagers getaway, gamification is now a wide-spread tool that almost all businesses can leverage to obtain high user retention and engagement. Our App Development team has put together a few ideas to target your gamification prospects.
So, what is gamification? There are three main components to incorporating gamification into your mobile app:
- Challenges – engage your users using a specific challenge to get them interested
- Instructions – provide a clear understanding of the rules to avoid confusion
- Rewards – be upfront with your rewards so your consumers know what they are playing for
There are quite a few options when it comes to utilizing gamification within your app. Our App Developers have outlined the top ways to incorporate gamification in order to achieve specific results, based on your business needs.
- Competitions: Including contests or competitions will entice your users to share their results and also increase app usage, while simultaneously promoting your business across social media platforms. Playing with our natural inclination to achieve higher results, win contests and prizes, and obtain higher scores than other users can be the best way to increase your user base and keep your consumers coming back to your mobile app.
- Daily bonuses: Offering a daily incentive to your users will significantly increase your retention rates; it encourages repeat visits to obtain these daily bonuses. Users are more likely to return to your app if there is an incentive to do so.
- Badges: Users will strive to achieve different levels if you offer them. Higher levels can include different discounts or in-app currency as the user progresses through. Think of this as an online customer loyalty program.
- Games: This allows your consumers to participate in fun, yet simple, ways to achieve more badges, in-app currency or whatever you choose. Not only will this increase the amount of time spent within your app, but it allows your users to obtain even more rewards.
- Social Media Likes & Follows: Offering a sign in bonus through your social media platforms for new users will draw attention to your brand and create awareness of your app. Giving your consumers a bonus for liking and/or following your pages will tempt your users to explore your products and services.
By honing in on our natural draw to obtain achievements, rise to challenges, and compete in contests, gamification can be a very useful tool in engaging your users. Do you have an idea of how you would like to incorporate gamification into your app? Or are you looking to create an app for your business that includes gamification? Look no further, and contact us today if you’re interested in discussing building an app with us and our team of App Developers would love to discuss how we can turn your idea into a reality. At Vog we build more than apps, we build businesses.